Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Expensive

When I read an article about 'Cost of school formals soaring as teenagers glam-up' , and saw this:

A survey of nearly 2,000 Australian students aged between 15 and 18 found that on average girls were spending $1,330 each on the big night while boys were spending an average of $840.

I was very shocked.

$1,330!!! That's a lot of money! I could use it to treat my eczema! It's not that I disagree with them spending money on prom (I'm doing that too) but to spend more than $1000 for a teenager is slighty ... Their parents must be rich enough.

Of course if you look at me, I would be a good example of the pot calling the kettle back. The medical fees, the lotions, the creams! all must have amounted to more than what these teenagers' parents have paid. More than that.

No comments: