Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Manga Review: HIMITSU NO HIMEGIMI UWASA NO OUJI


From Aerandria Scans:



Roochen and Galnia are two countries that have been at war with each other for a long time. Now that peace has been established, princess Aldina of Roochen has to marry the prince of Galnia. However, according to the rumors, the prince of Galnia is a total debauch, and he does nothing but playing around?! Aldina wants to see for herself who the prince really is, so she disguised herself as a boy and tried to approach the prince...









It has been so long since I've did a manga review. A nice way to kick off the new year, yeah? :D

*cracks my knuckles.* Let's get started then!

The story line is cute, cuddly and slight funny. Aldina is living in a cage -- not literally-- until she heards that she will marry the rumored prince. So she decides to take off to see him, while she is in disguise, and check if he is really what she hears. Now this feels like one of the books which I have read a long time ago. The start feels vaguely similar.

Anyway, they got to know each other better and slowly, they fall in love. But there are obstacles that threaten their union. And they have to overcome them, otherwise ... you know.

I did like the beginning, however, as the chapters progresses, I feel that Aldina is somewhat of a crybaby. There are always tears on her eyes when something bad is going to happen or is happening. And she is like the females that would give up quite quickly when she realises that there would be no way out. I mean, if she could just hold on a little more, Izzy would come and save her. But she does turn back and return once she has realised her true feelings.

Another thing that is not really good is that I could not see much romance from Izzy. Mostly it's from Al, her actions and blushing face, but not much from Izzy. I mean, sure he blushes a little but could he actually tell her
"I love you, Al. Forever and ever more."

or something like that. I know I would love to hear that. That's almost like a typical male behavior.

Still, this manga was quite nice. It was nice chasing this for ... (how long?) until the manga ended. But I don't think I would re-read this again. A one shot manga, I would say it is to me.

Rating: 3 out of 5

It can be seen on Mangafox.com or HERE

No comments: