Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review: Unscented Shea from Shea Radiance

We went out shopping and I had gotten a new moisturiser for my skin.







I got it at One Wellness
30 Robinson Road #13-01
Robinson Towers

 which was a 3-minute-walk from Raffles Place MRT.

It was a fitness club, but they also sold some body care products like body butter, essential oils etc. However, the body butter that they had only consisted of two types, one from the above company and the other from another company. A pitiful amount. But both were 100 % unrefined shea butter.


I've been looking for something like this because I read from the Net that Shea butter could help eczema. And what's better than 100% pure, unrefined shea butter? Yet I still know that this is not actually The One. Because the shea butter I was on the lookout for was East African Shea Butter (Vitellaria Nilotica) , but what I had received was West African.

I can't complain though, can I?

I've been using this for two days now. It's quite greasy the moment I apply onto my body but the feeling will disappear soon because my body will absorb it like a desert taking in precious water. The areas where I used this is not red so I'm hoping this will work.

But to take the butter out from the container is a little difficult. I had to dig my fingernails into it and press it so that the butter will come out. Unlike other body butters, this is hard. Not soft and smooth that once I dip my fingers into it, out comes the moisturiser. Nope, I have to scratch it out. That is the most noticable difference from what other body butters that I've used.

And, seeing that I am a supporter of everything green and sustainable, I only have good things to say about the packaging.




Plus,
10% of the proceeds goes to the Agricultural Initiative for Women in Africa (Agriwa)

Need I say more?

No comments: